What is the best brand of tambourine?
15 Best Tambourine Reviews and the Best Tambourine Brands
- Black Swamp BSTD2S 10-Inch Sound Art Tambourine, Double Row.
- Remo TA-5210-70 Fiberskyn Tambourine.
- YMC TAM20-BLACK Double Row Tambourine.
- Black Swamp Percussion Overture Series 10in Tambourine.
Are there different types of tambourines?
Many types of tambourine are common:
- Single-row tambourine: A tambourine made with one row of zills.
- Double-row tambourine: A tambourine with pairs of jingles instead of single zills.
- Timbrel: An ancient Hebrew drum (originally known as a tof) quite similar to the modern tambourine.
What size tambourine should I buy?
A 10″ tambourine is probably the most popular size, given is weight/size ratio, comfort in the hand and slightly easier gong on the wrist than a larger 12″ version. But tambourines will also come in a range of smaller sizes too, with 8 and 6-inch versions available.
Are all tambourines the same?
Since tambourines are frame drums, they are universal instruments. Tambourines can have animal skin heads, synthetic, or no drum head at all. Tambourines can have one row of jingles/zils or more, in different layers, too.
How do you get a good tambourine?
The best tambourines should be lightweight, comfortable to hold (even for prolonged periods) and easy to play. A basic tambourine will have one style of “jingles,” but some on our list have jingles made from two different materials, creating a more unique sound as the opposing materials “clash” on the frame.
How do you pick a good tambourine?
What is the skin on a tambourine?
Tambourine with and without a drum skin. These are known as “zils”. Traditional tambourines all have drumheads, that is a skin stretched across the top surface of the frame.
Can you tune a tambourine?
Depending on your brand of tambourine, the head will be glued and/or tacked to the shell, so most tambourines can’t be tuned easily. While plastic heads are becoming more common, most tambourines still come with calfskin heads.
What is the metal on a tambourine called?
The tambourine is a musical instrument in the percussion family consisting of a frame, often of wood or plastic, with pairs of small metal jingles, called “zills”.