Table of Contents
- 1 What are various methods available for deploying a Windows application?
- 2 What are deployment methods?
- 3 What is application deployment?
- 4 What is the difference between SCCM and MDT?
- 5 How an unattended installation differs from a traditional attended installation?
- 6 When installing Windows using the unattended installation method what file must be present for this to be successful?
What are various methods available for deploying a Windows application?
Modern deployment methods
- Windows Autopilot.
- In-place upgrade.
- Windows 10 Subscription Activation.
- Azure Active Directory (AAD) join with automatic mobile device management (MDM) enrollment.
- Provisioning package configuration.
- New computer.
- Computer refresh.
- Computer replace.
What are deployment methods?
Deployment is the mechanism through which applications, modules, updates, and patches are delivered from developers to users. The methods used by developers to build, test and deploy new code will impact how fast a product can respond to changes in customer preferences or requirements and the quality of each change.
What is application deployment?
Application Deployment (also referred to as Software Deployment) is the process of installing, configuring, and enabling a specific application or set of applications, usually through an application manager (app manager) or software management system, to a specific URL on a server.
What is the difference between SCCM and MDT?
MDT is primarily used for image computers and storing images, customizing them, etc. SCCM on the other hand, is a much more complex tool which allows you to do a lot more than MDT does. Whereas SCCM is best used for creating “thick” images containing line-of-business applications.
How an unattended installation differs from a traditional attended installation?
Advantages of Unattended Installation Can be configured to provide automated query response, while still selectively allowing users to provide specified input during installations.
When installing Windows using the unattended installation method what file must be present for this to be successful?
txt, the answer file for Windows Vista unattended installations is named Unattencl. xml. Instead of using several answer files, you need only one answer file in Windows Vista that contains custom configuration information for different types of computer hardware in an organization.