Table of Contents
What is a good sentence for respectable?
Respectable sentence example. It sounds like he’s a respectable person who likes to keep to his self. It is simpler and more respectable to omit it. She had changed into respectable clothes and looked painfully beautiful.
How do you use the word respect in a sentence?
Respect sentence example
- Treat them with respect and take care of them.
- I’m disappointed in your decision, but I respect it.
- From now on she’d have a lot more respect for the art of romancing.
- She does not respect others.
- Either he would give her due respect or he could find another sitter.
What is a respected person?
adjective. Someone or something that is respected is admired and considered important by many people. He is highly respected for his novels and plays as well as his translations of American novels. Synonyms: admired, acclaimed, famous, celebrated More Synonyms of respected.
What does it mean to be well respected?
adjective (well respected when postpositive) held in high respect; esteemed.
What is called respect?
Respect, also called esteem, is a positive feeling or action shown towards someone or something considered important or held in high esteem or regard. It conveys a sense of admiration for good or valuable qualities. In many cultures, individuals are considered to be worthy of respect until they prove otherwise.
What is the difference between respectful and respectable?
As adjectives the difference between respectable and respectful. is that respectable is deserving respect while respectful is marked or characterized by respect; as, respectful deportment.
What are 3 examples of respect?
How Do We Show Respect For Others?
- Listen. Listening to what another person has to say is a basic way to respect them.
- Affirm. When we affirm someone, we’re giving evidence that they matter.
- Be Kind.
- Be Polite.
- Be Thankful.
What are 5 ways to show respect?
How to Show Respect
- Listen to others.
- Affirm people’s opinions.
- Empathize with different perspectives.
- Disagree respectfully.
- Apologize when you’re in the wrong.
- Call out disrespectful behavior.
- Show gratitude.
- Compliment the achievements of others.
How can you tell if someone is respected?
5 Signs You’re With Someone Who Respects You
- They’re honest with you. Respecting someone certainly means never lying to them, and it also means not sugarcoating the truth.
- They’re willing to disagree with you.
- They don’t waste your time.
- They ask your opinion.
- They keep their word.
What is another word for well respected?
What is another word for well-respected?
How do you write well respected?
A compound adjective should be hyphenated before a noun (unless the compound itself carries a modifier) but not following it unless subject to misreading or hyphenated in Webster’s as an adjective: a well-respected man; a very well respected man; a man well respected for his bravery; he is well respected for his …
Which means honored or respected?
Both words are used in conjunction with admiration for someone or something. ‘Respect’ is even found in the dictionary definition of ‘honor’. When using the word ‘respect’, it implies understanding and agreement. As a verb, ‘respect’ is used for admiration or regard of someone or something.