Table of Contents
What does every fridge need?
7 “Real Food” Fridge Essentials
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, cream cheese and plain yogurt.
- Perishable fruits & vegetables.
- 1-ingredient peanut butter & “all-fruit” type jelly.
- Cooking fats like unsalted organic butter, clarified butter (ghee), and lard.
- Snacks like olives and pickles.
What things dont need refrigeration?
20 Surprising Foods You Don’t Need to Put in the Refrigerator
- Citrus Fruit.
- Hot Sauce.
What should I stock my fridge with?
Fridge Essentials: 40 Best Foods to Stock your Fridge with
- Fruits & Veggies. (
- Avocados. (
- Butter (salted or unsalted), OR Ghee.
- Fresh, organic Lemons and Limes.
- Lemon Juice (1 Bottle) & Lime Juice (1 Bottle), Organic.
- Additional Aromatics: (Yellow & Red Onions, Shallots, Green Onions, etc).
Do eggs need refrigeration?
In the United States, fresh, commercially produced eggs need to be refrigerated to minimize your risk of food poisoning. However, in many countries in Europe and around the world, it’s fine to keep eggs at room temperature for a few weeks.
What foods are refrigerated?
REFRIGERATE: Apples, Beans, Berries, Broccoli, Carrots, Celery, Cheese, Cherries, Eggplant, Eggs, Grapes, Jalapenos, Leafy Greens, Meat, Milk, Zucchini. KEEP AT ROOM TEMPERATURE: Avocados, Apricots, Bread, Citrus, Coffee, Garlic, Honey, Kiwi, Melons, Onions, Pears, Peaches, Pineapple, Potatoes, Tomatoes.
Does milk need to be refrigerated?
Sarah Downs, RD: “Milk should never be left out at room temperature. Refrigeration is the single most important factor in maintaining the safety of milk. If stored above 40° F, milk will begin to develop signs of spoilage, including sour odor, off-flavor and curdled consistency.”
How do I stock my refrigerator?
Aim to have lots of fresh veggies, lean meats, fruit, and other foods that come without packaging. Tip: Keep your fridge between 32-40 degrees F. Move the food that spoils quickly to the front where you can easily see it.