Table of Contents
What are the common ailments of the nervous system?
Nervous system diseases
- Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s disease affects brain function, memory and behaviour.
- Bell’s palsy.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Motor neurone disease (MND)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s disease.
What are 3 common nervous system disorders?
Here are six common neurological disorders and ways to identify each one.
- Headaches. Headaches are one of the most common neurological disorders and can affect anyone at any age.
- Epilepsy and Seizures.
- ALS: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia.
- Parkinson’s Disease.
How many nervous system disorders are there?
There are more than 600 neurologic diseases. Major types include: Diseases caused by faulty genes, such as Huntington’s disease and muscular dystrophy.
What are the 4 types of nervous system?
Autonomic Nervous System
- The sympathetic nervous system.
- The parasympathetic nervous system.
- The enteric nervous system.
What are the top 3 common nervous system disorders?
What diseases are caused by the central nervous system?
Meningitis. Bacteria reach the subarachnoid space via the bloodstream or,less often,by extension from contiguous structures such as the sinuses or ears.
What diseases affect your nerves?
Motor neuron diseases. The motor neurons are nerves in your brain and spinal column that communicate with the muscles throughout your body. Diseases that affect these nerves, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also called ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease, can result in progressively worsening nerve damage.
What are some neurological disease?
Schindler Disease. It is a genetically inherited disease.