How long do you have to report an injury at UPS?

How long do you have to report an injury at UPS?

within 30 days
You are required to report your injury to UPS within 30 days of the date of injury.

What happens if you get injured at UPS?

You need to report the accident to your employer’s workers’ compensation provider within 30 days of the accident’s taking place. You should also seek medical care after your injury takes place. Before you seek medical care, check to see whether your employer has a managed care arrangement (MCA).

How do you document work injuries?

When & How to Document Workplace Injury

  1. Get to the site as quickly as possible.
  2. Ensure the area is safe to enter.
  3. Make sure the injured/ill person is receiving first-aid or medical attention.
  4. Identify any witnesses.
  5. Record the scene with photos (ideally with date and time stamp) or sketches.
  6. Safeguard any evidence.

How does workers comp work for UPS?

If you have been injured while working at UPS, you can file a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ compensation will cover your medical bills and about two-thirds your lost wages. You will need to maintain supporting documentation for your claim.

When do you have to report an injury to your employer?

If you are injured on the job, you must report the injury to your employer as soon as possible. The workers’ compensation law has deadlines for reporting your injury to your employer. If you do not tell your employer about the injury by these deadlines your claim might be denied.1 Deadlines for telling your employer about the injury

Where can I get medical attention for a work related injury?

The Public Health Service (PHS) health care facilities can provide medical attention, and forms to report the work-related condition. Remember that your supervisor cannot authorize medical treatment in occupational disease claims without prior Office of Workers’ Compensation (OWCP) approval.

How do I get continuation of pay for a traumatic injury?

Traumatic Injury Continuation Of Pay (COP): You may be eligible for uninterrupted pay beyond the date of injury without charge to leave. This benefit is called continuation of pay and is granted if all the following conditions are met: You suffered a traumatic injury and filed form CA-1 within 30 days from the date of the injury.