Table of Contents
Where can students find current events?
15 Current Events Websites for Students
- The Learning Network. The Learning Network from the New York Times is full of useful resources for students and teachers.
- National Geographic.
- CNN 10.
- ChannelOne News.
- Tween Tribune.
- Scholastic News.
- NPR News.
Where can I find current events?
Current Events and News
- Businessweek (Bloomberg) Business news, stock market, and financial advice.
- CNBC. Stock market news, business news, financial, earnings, world market news, and information.
- CNN Business. CNN.com is among the world’s leaders in online news and information delivery.
Where can kids read the news?
News Websites Just for Kids
- Time for Kids. “TIME for Kids engages students with authentic journalism, inspires them to join the national discourse on current topics, and provides teachers with valuable resources for the classroom.”
- CNN 10.
- Smithsonian Tween Tribune.
- The Learning Network.
What is the best resource to use for getting information for current events?
Facing History has a good guide for using Current Events in the classroom. It’s free, but you have to give them your email address to get. The Week has a guide on how to use their articles in the classroom, but their ideas can be used for any current events articles. Make Some News!
What are some current event topics?
- 2020 Census.
- Affordable Care Act.
- Afghanistan crisis.
- Black Lives Matter.
- Brazil political crisis.
- Concealed weapons.
What are some current events 2020?
2020 events: Yep, these things all happened in the year from hell
- Australian bushfires.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit royal family.
- COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kobe Bryant’s death.
- Impeachment of President Donald Trump.
- “Parasite” sweeps the Oscars.
- Harvey Weinstein verdict.
- Stock market crash 2020.
What current events are happening in 2020?
What is an current event?
Definition of current events chiefly US. : important events that are happening in the world She reads several newspapers so she can keep track of current events.
How do kids get their news?
More than half of teens (54%) get news from social media, and 50% get news from YouTube at least a few times a week. Fewer than half, 41%, get news reported by news organizations in print or online at least a few times a week, and only 37% get news on TV at least a few times a week.
What is news for kids net?
Parents need to know that NewsForKids.net is a news site focusing on presenting articles and current events with a kid-based focus. No inappropriate content is included in any articles, although kids will be exposed to some advertising on the home page and on articles that have been archived.
What is the best way to keep up with current events?
Always Stay Up-to-Date with Current Events with These Five Tips
- Subscribe to traditional news sources using your mobile phone.
- Listen to Podcasts.
- Download a news aggregator.
- Use social media in the right way.
- Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
What is a kind of information about current events?
News is information about current events. This may be provided through many different media: word of mouth, printing, postal systems, broadcasting, electronic communication, or through the testimony of observers and witnesses to events. News is sometimes called “hard news” to differentiate it from soft media.
Where can I find the latest news for kids?
CNN News for Kids has daily updates on interesting news stories. TIME for Kids: World covers major current events in a way that kids can understand. Scholastic: while it is known for its printed, classroom “magazines,” Scholastic also has on-line news for kids.
How does time for kids compare to other news sites?
At the Time for Kids website, kids will find the same level of current news reporting, but with a slant toward what kids are most interested in. With more news stories than most other sites, Time for Kids is the place for students that are truly interested in keeping up with current events.
How is kind News Online for kids?
At Kind News Online, kids get a glimpse of what it’s like to read the daily news, however the content is geared more toward topics that most kids like, rather than topics that you’d find in “adult” news or social current events.
What is first news for kids?
First News is an award-winning, weekly, (paid subscription) UK-national newspaper for children aged 7 to 14, with articles on entertainment, politics, sports, and science, as well as major news stories from the UK and around the world. Also notable is the BBC Newsround for kids, but it is mostly videos instead of written articles.