Table of Contents
- 1 What is 2 minus 1/8 as a fraction?
- 2 How do I subtract fractions?
- 3 What is 1/3 minus 2/5 as a fraction?
- 4 What is 3/4 divided by 2 in a fraction?
- 5 What fraction is three quarters?
- 6 What is 0.125 as a fraction?
- 7 What does ¾ mean?
- 8 What is three eighths plus two-eighths?
- 9 What is half the half of one and a half?
- 10 How many slices of pizza are in a quarter?
- 11 What does Oone-quarter mean?
What is 2 minus 1/8 as a fraction?
2 – 1/8 = 158 = 1 78 = 1.875.
How do I subtract fractions?
There are 3 simple steps to subtract fractions
- Make sure the bottom numbers (the denominators) are the same.
- Subtract the top numbers (the numerators). Put the answer over the same denominator.
- Simplify the fraction (if needed).
What is 1/3 minus 2/5 as a fraction?
1/3 – 2/5 = -115 ≅ -0.06666667.
What is 3/4 divided by 2 in a fraction?
Answer: 3/4 divided by 2 in the fraction is equal to 3/8. Let us proceed step by step.
What fraction is three quarters?
The fraction 3/4 or three quarters means 3 parts out of 4. The upper number, 3, is called the numerator and the lower number, 4, is the denominator.
What is 0.125 as a fraction?
0.125 = 125/1000. We can reduce this to lowest terms by dividing the numerator and denominator by 125 to get the equivalent fraction 1/8.
What does ¾ mean?
Definition of three-quarters : an amount equal to three of the four equal parts which make up something : seventy-five percent Three-quarters of the class will be going on the trip.
What is three eighths plus two-eighths?
Three-eighths plus two-eighths equals five-eighths There are two popular methods to make the denominators the same: Least Common Denominator, or
What is half the half of one and a half?
“half the half” is one quarter. One quarter = 1/4 One and a half = 11/2 = 3/2 One quarter of 1 and a half = 1/4 x 3/2 = 3/8 So, half the half of one and a half = three eighths What is 1 quarter added to 1 eighth?
How many slices of pizza are in a quarter?
Slice a pizza, and we get fractions: 1 / 2: 1 / 4: 3 / 8 (One-Half) (One-Quarter) (Three-Eighths) The top number says how many slices we have. The bottom number says how many equal slices the whole pizza was cut into. Have a try yourself: Equivalent Fractions. Some fractions may look different, but are really the same, for example:
What does Oone-quarter mean?
One-quarter plus one-quarter equals two-quarters, equals one-half