Table of Contents
What does being spurred on mean?
spur on. To urge, encourage, or goad someone onward in some task or activity.
How do you use the word spur in a sentence?
Spur in a Sentence 🔉
- The chance to win a scholarship should spur my daughter into studying for the college admissions test.
- When the recruiter spoke to the students, he hoped his talk would spur some of the young people into entering the military.
Is spurred a real word?
verb (used with object), spurred, spur·ring. to prick with or as if with a spur or spurs; incite or urge on: The rider spurred his mount ruthlessly.
What does spurred mean in world history?
1 : to urge (a horse) on with spurs. 2 : to incite to action or accelerated growth or development : stimulate.
What is a spur used for?
What are spurs used for? Spurs are made to help the rider to direct the horse better. Mainly, riding spurs make the horse react to smaller aids, thus making riding easier. For instance, many slow horses require the help of a spur or a riding crop to keep their pace.
What are Spurs used for?
How do you use spur in Word?
Spur sentence example
- On the spur of the moment you pick up the suitcases, put them in your trunk, and drive off.
- I did it on the spur of the moment.
- On the spur of the moment he telephoned her.
- We all do something on the spur of the moment once in awhile.
Is spurred an adjective?
having a spur or spurs. bearing spurs or spurlike spines.
What is the mean of include?
include, comprehend, embrace, involve mean to contain within as part of the whole. include suggests the containment of something as a constituent, component, or subordinate part of a larger whole.
What is a example sentence?
A simple sentence has the most basic elements that make it a sentence: a subject, a verb, and a completed thought. Examples of simple sentences include the following: Joe waited for the train. The train was late.
What is spur in writing?
Spurs are “actually the piece that extends from the curve in a letter. The best examples of these are the top and bottom of the “C” and “S”. Spurs are smaller than serifs and beaks, which makes this one of the smallest typography terms.” (