Table of Contents
What do plants provides us?
Plants give us vegetables, fruits, cereals and pulses. Plants also give us coffee, tea, sugar, oil and spices. We get food from different parts of plants. We eat roots, leaves, stems, flowers and fruits of plants.
What are 5 things about plants?
Amazing Plant Facts!
- 80 PERCENT OF THE EARTH’S ORIGINAL FORESTS HAVE BEEN CLEARED OR DESTROYED.
- NUTRITION DOESN’T FACTOR INTO THE CROPS WE DO MASS PRODUCE.
- THE EARTH HAS MORE THAN 80,000 SPECIES OF EDIBLE PLANTS.
- 90 PERCENT OF THE FOODS HUMANS EAT COME FROM JUST 30 PLANTS.
- 70,000 PLANT SPECIES ARE UTILIZED FOR MEDICINE.
What are the useful of plants?
Plants are really important for the planet and for all living things. Plants absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen from their leaves, which humans and other animals need to breathe. Living things need plants to live – they eat them and live in them. Plants help to clean water too.
What are the ten uses of plants?
List Ten Uses Of Plants
- Plants support rainfall.
- Plants help in soil erosion.
- Plants protect us from air pollution.
- Plants give us rubber, gum, paper, etc.
- Plants are a great source of wood and timber.
- Plants provide us with oil, spices, perfumes, etc.
- Plants give us oxygen, the air which we all breath.
What 10 things we get from plants?
- medicinal use.
What 4 things do plants need to grow?
Plants need specific things to grow. Plants need L.A.W.N.S.: light, air, water, nutrients, and space to grow. Sun and water serve a vital role in the growth process.
What are the products of plants?
Plant Product # 2. Wood and Cork:
How are plants useful to us for Class 5?
They r source of our energy. They help us to fulfill our needs. They gives us a lots of things such as wood , medicine ,food and many more… . They gives us oxygen and takes carbon dioxide.
What is a plant product we use everyday?
Products derived from plants include soaps, shampoos, perfumes, cosmetics, paint, varnish, turpentine, rubber, latex, lubricants, linoleum, plastics, inks, and gums. Renewable fuels from plants include firewood, peat and other biofuels.
What things get from plants?
Thank You, Plants!
- Plants give us oxygen. Oxygen is in the air we breathe. All living things need it.
- Plants give us food. Many plants are good to eat. Vegetables are plants. Fruits, nuts, beans, and seeds come from plants.
- Plants give us shade. Trees are the largest plants. In the summer, trees are full of leaves.
How do plants help us?
Plants help us by making new seeds that will create new plants to grow and help our environment. Plants give us vegetables to eat, like carrots and broccoli. Plants give us fruit to eat, like strawberries and apples. Oxygen is a fancy word for the air that we breathe.
What are some things that can be made from plants?
Habitat for insects, bees, butterflies. Flowers for garlands, decor and extracting essence to make soaps, perfumes. Edible roots. Edible leaves like better nut. Leaves to be used as disposable plates. Eg. Banana leaves. Medicinal herbs. Oil. Cotton to make clothes. Sticks for fuel. Plant ,this is a precious word really like the word-mother-.
What are some examples of plants found in our daily life?
Coffee and cocoa are made from the beans of these plants. Chocolates are made from cocoa. Tulsi leaves give us many medicines. Oil from the eucalyptus tree is used to clear up a stuffy nose. Neem leaves too are used as medicine. Mint is used for stomach problems. We also know that cotton wool comes from a plant.
What are the uses of seeds of some plants?
Seeds of some plants are used as pulses like gram, yellow-gram, pea, green-gram, lentil, etc. Seeds of some plants are oily; oil is taken from the seeds like sesame, mustard, sunflower, etc. This oil is used in preparing many kinds of food and also for some other purposes.