Table of Contents
- 1 How do you describe popular?
- 2 What’s a better word for popular?
- 3 What is the sentence of popular?
- 4 How do you become popular?
- 5 How do you describe someone who wants to be popular?
- 6 How can you tell if someone is popular?
- 7 What do you call people who are popular?
- 8 What does it mean to be popular in school?
How do you describe popular?
The adjective popular describes something that is well-liked or admired by a lot of people. Sometimes when you read a bestselling novel, you wonder why it’s so popular. Popular comes from the Latin word populus, which means people. Anything that is popular is liked by many people.
What’s a better word for popular?
In this page you can discover 108 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for popular, like: famous, in the public eye, approved, prevalent, favorite, well-liked, notorious, in high favor, leading, promoted and trendy.
What do you call a popular person?
star. noun. a famous and popular person, especially an actor, entertainer, or sports personality.
What is the meaning of being popular?
: the state of being liked, enjoyed, accepted, or done by a large number of people : the quality or state of being popular.
What is the sentence of popular?
Tulips are popular in Kashmir. She is very popular with all her colleagues. He became one of the most popular leaders of the world.
How do you become popular?
Here’s how to be a more popular person in life in general.
- Help while maintaining a high social value.
- Be the glue in your social circle.
- Be genuinely nice (but don’t be a pushover)
- Be easygoing.
- Learn how to be a good listener.
- Become good at something.
- Practice positivity.
- Stop talking about people behind their backs.
How do you say very popular?
- number one.
- very successful.
How do you say something is popular?
- du jour,
How do you describe someone who wants to be popular?
someone who seeks fame and glory to aggrandize themselves, instead of encouraging others to perform noble, difficult and worthy deeds. You could call them an attention-seeker or fame-seeker.
How can you tell if someone is popular?
Carducci shares five habits of popular people and how you can use them to expand your social network:
- They’re Focused on Others.
- They Understand the Art of a Good Conversation.
- They Take Control of Their Social Life.
- They Have Good Social Graces.
- They Practice Acts of Kindness.
Does popular mean well liked?
A popular person is liked by many people. A famous person may not be liked by many people. A famous person becomes popular when he is liked by a lot of people.
How do you use the word popular?
Popular sentence example
- He had now become a popular leader.
- You’re certainly popular tonight.
- She looked around, curious as to why such a popular site was so quiet.
- Allen was good looking, popular and exciting.
- If computers are so popular , perhaps we should consider buying one for the use of our guests.
What do you call people who are popular?
So those who are popular can be two different groups. You have some who are popular when they were young, and they would be the kind that we would call likable. But then you have a different kind of popularity that emerges in adolescents, we call that type of popularity status.
What does it mean to be popular in school?
“What does it mean to be popular?” In 2015 The Atlantic posed that question to a group of middle schoolers in its “ Ask a Tween ” video series. “It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re liked by a lot of people, it just means that everyone knows who you are,” suggests one boy.
What does it mean to be liked by a lot of people?
“It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re liked by a lot of people, it just means that everyone knows who you are,” suggests one boy. Another girl reflects, “In this day and age, you have a lot of friends, you have Jordans, or the popular kind of shoes.”
What is a good sentence for the word popular?
“He was a popular figure among the football fraternity.” “Contrary to popular belief, the tomato is actually a fruit and not a vegetable.” “The drive for independence was a popular movement that occurred annually.”