Table of Contents
- 1 How can I get my birth certificate without ID?
- 2 How do I get my original birth certificate?
- 3 How can I prove my identity without ID?
- 4 What to do if you have no ID?
- 5 How much does it cost to get a birth certificate?
- 6 What can I use as proof of ID?
- 7 How to get a passport without an US birth certificate?
- 8 Can you get a passport without a birth certificate?
How can I get my birth certificate without ID?
Find the vital records office in your state of birth or visit Vital Records Online to begin the process there. Some states allow you to apply for a replacement birth certificate without identification.
How do I get my original birth certificate?
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
What do you need to pick up birth certificate?
You will need to provide:
- A completed application form.
- A $12 non-refundable search fee (search fee includes one certified copy of the birth certificate). Each additional copy is $3. We accept exact cash, a money order, or cashier’s check made payable to S.C. DHEC.
- A valid government, school or employer-issued photo ID.
Can I get a copy of my birth certificate online?
You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate online or by visiting the birth certificate office where the person on record was born. Ordering your birth certificate online is the easiest way to order birth records.
How can I prove my identity without ID?
You can use any document from the following list:
- State identification (ID) card.
- Driver license.
- US passport or passport card.
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
What to do if you have no ID?
Keep your original documents in a safe. Store a certified copy of your birth certificate in your safe. Do not store your Birth Certificate and Social Security card in your wallet or purse, keep them in a safe place in your home or office where you will be able to find them easily.
Is Vital Records Online legit?
Yes, we are a valid legitimate service designed to simplify the process of obtaining important certificates. We operate in the United States and employ American staff to process applications and assist our customers.
How long does it take to get a birth certificate?
It typically takes 4 to 8 weeks to receive your certified birth certificate copy in the mail. If you need your replacement sooner, premium services such as VitalRecordsOnline.com offer a Rush Package with expedited shipping. Some states may even be able to provide a copy within 2-3 business days.
How much does it cost to get a birth certificate?
|[hide]Birth certificate costs by state, 2018|
|State||Birth certificate cost|
What can I use as proof of ID?
Valid Forms of ID
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Birth Certificate.
- State-issued Identification Card.
- Student Identification Card.
- Social Security Card.
- Military Identification Card.
- Passport or Passport Card.
Can I get a replacement ID online?
Yes. However, you will need to know your name, date of birth, most recent audit number and last four (4) digits of your social security number or be able to answer security questions to verify your identity, in order to login into the online system and order the duplicate driver license/ID card.
What is VitalChek phone number?
We can be reached at 1-877-572-6332. For expedited order placement and processing please visit www.VitalChek.com.
How to get a passport without an US birth certificate?
However, you can receive a passport without giving a birth certificate, as long as you give sufficient information in its place. Print and complete Forms DS-10 and DS-11. Both are available from the U.S. Department of State website. You can complete them online before printing them out, or print out the blank forms and fill in the blanks manually.
Can you get a passport without a birth certificate?
Passport acceptance facilities typically ask for a birth certificate as proof of citizenship. However, you can receive a passport without giving a birth certificate, as long as you give sufficient information in its place.
Can you get an ID with just a birth certificate?
No. Birth certificates are considered to be public documents by the State of Vermont. No ID is required to receive a copy of the certificate.
How do I apply for a passport without a birth certificate?
How to Apply for a Passport Without a Birth Certificate. 2 minute read. One of the first requirements you need to obtain to get a US passport is proof of USA citizenship. There is a very short list of documents that prove you are a US citizen. These documents are called “primary evidence of US citizenship .”. Fully-valid, undamaged US passport.